Despite the recent public outcry of the state of insecurity in the country, the security services in the country to a large extent give out their best when duty calls.
The Ghana Police Administration acts promptly to unravel what the challenges may be in order to bring relief to affected persons and win public confidence.
The Ashanti Regional Police Command on such a move to rescue the alleged missing St. Louis Junior High School (JHS) girls has discovered that the girls were with their boyfriends.
According to the Police, the issue in the public domain after the investigation has turned out not to be different.
“The Ashanti Regional Police Command wishes to inform the general public to disregard a case of an alleged kidnapping of two (2) St. Louis Junior High School students in the Ashanti Region, as the matters are different from what the actual case is about,” the Ashanti Regional Police Command has said in a statement seen by the Capitalnewsonline.com.
The Police command further noted that the girls are assisting the police in the investigation for the arrest of the boys.
Read the statement below:
1. The Ashanti Regional Police Command wishes to inform the general public to disregard a case of an alleged kidnapping of two (2) St. Louis Junior High School students in the Ashanti Region, as the matters are different from what the actual cast is about.
2. On Saturday 6th February, 2021 at about 10:00pm the Suame Police received a case of Missing Person from a complainant of Breman —Nkwantwima, that on 5th February. his daughter. age 15 years old, left the home to school and has since not returned.
3. Investigation later indicated that the said missing person had cited the brother to inform him that she was at Embassy Hotel, Suame Kotoko, but pretended it was a kidnapping.
4. On 8th February 2021 the Suame Police Divisional Command acting upon intelligence found the girl in the company of another girl (name withheld) also of St. Louis JHS Form-3.
Investigation revealed that the girls, on Friday 5th February 2021, left home for school and have since not returned home, apparently, they went to visit their boyfriends, Clement Coleman and Nana Kwame at Tafo-Ahenbronum and that they had been staying at that address with their friends since Friday 5th February 2021.
5. The girls are assisting Police to trace and arrest the boys to assist in Investigations.
6. The Ashanti Regional Police Command would like to thank the general public for their cooperation and will like to assure them to our resolve to deal effectively and efficiently with all cases reported to the Police.
By: Isaac Dzidzoamenu/capitalnewsonline.com
Send Your Stories For Publication
- Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them to CapitalNewsOnline via our
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- WhatsApp CHAT US NOW