A Leading Member of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP), Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko has in a good-humouredly projected the future of the party in 2021 and perhaps beyond.
In a way to mimic some Ghanaian pastors who give differing prophecies, the NPP stalwart in a Facebook post catalogued a list of possible events that could happen in the New Year.
The list includes likely leadership crashes that may happen to the governing party.
“There will be some really annoying leadership skirmishes within the NPP” he disclosed. This, some Ghanaians have opined could be pointing to the successor of President Akufo-Addo after serving his last term in office.
Now, some political pundits have predicted that Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia could succeed President Akuffo Ado during the NPP’s presidential primaries in a few years to come.
That aside, some party members also see the Trade Minister, Alan Kyerematen, Railways Minister Joe Ghartey among other individuals who the delegates could choose to lead the NPP after Nana Addo.
Mr. Otchere-Darko was, however, quick to add that “none of the above has been revealed to me for you to pray over them for redemption.”
Below is his full Facebook text:
Me too, I can prophesy. Here are my top 12 for 2021:
1. There will be a big leadership fight over control of the NDC, with a faction even calling for Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings to rejoin.
2. There will be some really annoying leadership skirmishes within the NPP.
3. There will be a major minerals discovery in Ghana. Bigger than Jubilee.
4. Tensions between Russia and the USA will heighten, with Putin and Biden at loggerheads.
5. A big politician will be caught in a major sex scandal.
6. Donald Trump will face prosecution.
7. A major drawn out drama will unfold at Ghana’s Parliament on the night of January 6. One that will keep the entire nation awake all night; a drama like never before.
8. There will be by-elections this year.
9. Arsenal will end the season in top 4 of the EPL.
10. A very big politician will be on trial this year.
11. A very big African statesman will be buried in January.
12. The Supreme Court will rule that the petitioner could not provide any material evidence, in terms of actual numbers, to justify the run-off he is seeking against either Jean Mensa or Akufo-Addo.
PS: None of the above has been revealed to me for you to pray over them for redemption. Sorry, if I disappointed you by not adding any deaths. That is too cheap and, in fact, evil. Well, at least, I came close with No. 11 and that one was very easy.
By: Isaac Dzidzoamenu/capitalnewsonline.com
Send Your Stories For Publication
- Do you have a story for us or need a promotion/advertisement? Submit them to CapitalNewsOnline via our
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org or
- WhatsApp CHAT US NOW